Fall 2013 Technology Newsletter is out now! Register for the 12th Annual 2013 CUNY IT Conference

front-page-img Our new issue of the fall 2013 newsletter is available here and it’s packed with information on the instructional technology topics we hope are most useful to faculty – comments or suggestions for upcoming newsletters or workshops are cheerfully accepted!

And don’t forget to register for the 2013 CUNY IT conference registration is popular and often fills up if you don’t get to it early.  (It usually sells out fast since it’s not only a great day but it’s free! Join us at 9:30 on Friday December 6 at 9:30 am for our Lehman Flips: Techniques for a Hybrid Classroom presentation.

Day/Date: Conference Thursday December 5 and Friday December 6.
Location:
John Jay College
899 Tenth Ave.
New York, NY 10019

Lehman College is fully represented this year and many of our fellow Lehman faculty members are presenting along with Steve Castellano and me. Here’s the description:

Lehman Flips: Techniques for a Hybrid Classroom
In Lehman’s “flipped” classrooms, exercises that used to be ‘homework’ have shifted to the classroom, leaving faculty free from the lecture approach to offer personalized guidance and interaction. Lehman faculty are flipping instructional methods, reversing roles and changing minds: developing podcast video lectures using Camtasia and VoiceThread, utilizing CUNY Commons docs, Web2.0, e-discussion boards and audience response iClickers to heighten and stimulate collaboration, engage students and help determine levels of retention.

Moderator: Alyson Vogel, Associate Director, Online Education,
Lehman College
Moderator: Steve Castellano, Online Teaching and Learning Technology Specialist , Lehman College

Diane Auslander, Adjunct Assistant Professor, History, Lehman College
Polo Merghusis, Adjunct Lecturer, Economics and Accounting, Lehman College
Barry Murdaco, Adjunct Lecturer, Political Science, Lehman College
Limor Pinhasi-Vittorio, Associate Professor, Literacy Studies, Lehman College
Rena Quinlan, Doctoral Lecturer, Biological Sciences, Lehman College
Esther Wilder, Professor, Sociology, Lehman College

Looking forward to sharing the day with all of you!

Registration Link: http://forms.erepublic.com/cde-event-registration-step1-default?contentID=201274161&r=EV-2384

Agenda link: http://www.centerdigitaled.com/events/CUNY-IT-Conference-2013.html#Agenda

About Alyson Vogel

I started in education 10 years ago starting a media center and television studio for students in District Ten in the Bronx. Middle school students and teachers were introduced to media and media literacy projects designed for active learning in real world contexts. For the past 5 years I have been an academic program developer, coach and workshop leader. I have significant expertise in course design, curriculum planning, online teaching, training, coaching & mentoring and major event logistics & execution. My emphasis is on integrating the Internet and new media into teaching and learning. My background in television and radio, teaching teachers in K-12 through Higher Education, professional life coaching, and yes, even my newly acquired professional chef skills brings depth to my latest position of Associate Director of Online Education at Lehman College. I am very excited to be among this group of professionals to take my understanding of the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning to even greater heights.